The various benefits of massage have been proven over the years. The healing effects of massage are now well-accepted by the medical community.
What can massage do for you?
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance; treats injuries caused during sports of work
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and the effects of eye-strain
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association)
The most recognized style of massage, ideal for overall relaxation, improved circulation and release of muscle tension.
Injury Treatment Massage
Detailed, focused work on specific areas of the body. This type of massage therapy is an appropriate form of treatment for many soft tissue injuries and traumas. It has also been found to be very effective in reducing neck and back pain stemming from automobile and work accidents.
Sometimes called the homeopathy of bodywork, Bowen utilizes suble inputs to the body (known as "moves"), stimulating the body to heal itself, often profoundly. The Bowen Technique offers tremendous benefits in relieving many types of injuries and other health problems, both acute and chronic. Some examples: Headaches & Migraines, Back & Neck pain, Digestive Issues, Frozen Shoulder, to name a few.
Outcall massage service simply means the massage therapist comes to you. Outcall service may be provided in your home, a hotel, a resort area, or a business office location. Outcall services can be more convenient for special needs' clients, including those who are homebound, less-able bodied and the terminally ill.
A process of assessing an individual’s usual dietary intake and then identifying areas where change is needed. The nutrition counselor provides information, educational materials, support and follow-up to help the individual make and maintain the suggested dietary changes.
Designed to decrease tension and limb swelling and increase circulation and overall relaxation for both pregnant women and those who have just given birth.